PRESIDENT - SUSAN BEEKMAN
1st VP - SUSAN VIGILANTE
2nd VP - CHERYL DOLTZ
3rd VP - JOAN JENSEN
TREASURER - RON GOUNAUD
SECRETARY - PHYLLIS CASEY
PAST PRES & 1st VP - SUSAN VIGILANTE
Contact us with any questions
President Susan Beekman -firstname.lastname@example.org
8/12/21 - It is hard to believe that summer is flying by so rapidly!!! It is August 2nd and I am writing for our Fall Newsletter. I am hoping everyone had a “chill” June and July, as the kids would say.
We are looking forward to seeing many of you on Thursday, September 9th for our first luncheon of the year with speaker Richard Moon talking about UFO’s. On October 13th, we will hear some of the candidates for office in our NJ Statehouse and meet NJEA’s new Secretary Treasurer, Petal Robertson. THEN!!!!!!! OUR MCREA Scholarship Tricky Tray Fund Raiser will be held on October 29th. Get all these dates on your calendar please.
As of this date, Covid-19 is on the rise. All data indicates that the vaccine is the most important weapon against the spread and seriousness of the illness. We are concerned about YOUR safety and protecting members of our most vulnerable age group. For this reason, the following guidelines/protections are being put in place:
1. The Birchwood will have all wait staff wear masks at our meeting in September.
2. In order to protect our members, their families and those who are unable to get vaccinated, all members who attend the event will have to show proof of vaccination.
3. Masks will be required during the meeting portion of this event.
4. Our raffle table will be available, but you will need to wait for your table to be called to purchase tickets. No exceptions, please
5. We will NOT be taking temperatures since we know this isn’t always indicative of having the virus......we ask that you do not attend if you do not feel well.
6. While we can't guarantee that ZOOM will work, we will try again to provide this option. If you are interested in attending the meeting this way, please let us know on the luncheon coupon (found in this newsletter)
7. If you want to help us make the wait time shorter as you enter on the 9th, you can send a copy of your vaccine form with your registration so we can check that off beforehand.
We are doing our best, based on the expert recommendation to help our community get back to “normal” as soon as possible. We believe that by doing all the above, we will be able to keep you and your colleagues safe. We hope you will be able to join us.